Tuesday, 9 June 2015

Finish!

This is my...well, I don't really have a name for it.  It's very vintage in feel, with fabrics that have teacups, strawberries, little polka dots etc.

 I took it down to our farm for some photos!  Hanging over a gate...
 ...over a half-door.
 This is my first pieced back!  I was always anxious about this, in case the added bulk in places would be a problem when quilting.  I never noticed it!
And this is the binding.  I machined the binding using this technique as I didn't have enough fabric left for a normal binding.  I think this has worked out well as the little flash of white from the faux flange helps.  You can also see the quilting here - I used Aurifil #50 in white, using a pattern from one of Angela Water's books.

2 comments:

  1. There's something about a striped border that I just adore. Yours really frames the quilt to perfection. I love the colours in this quilt, and the settings you've chosen to photograph it--!! Kaffe Fassett would be pleased. ;-) Love that half door shot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Eleanor, I am part of the New Bloggers group. Thanks for sharing your lovely quilt finish. I really like the white flanged binding. You must have done a great job with your binding cutting as everything matches up so nicely. The barn door makes a lovely show place and adds to the "vintagey" vibe of your quilt.

    ReplyDelete