Pages

Sunday 22 May 2011

An introduction

I really should have introduced myself, shouldn't I?  I'll try to keep this brief...

My name is Eleanor.  I live on a farm, something I hadn't really intended.  I tutor French, another thing that was unanticipated.  I have been living at home now for about 5 years, and while in some aspects I am quite content, in others less so.  I have found patchwork to be a great release factor, and I sincerely think it has helped me stay sane - it is having something to do, and creativity.  I hope this continues.  A few 'I am's...

I am flighty.  I rarely work at one thing until it is finished, but instead flit around as I am easily distracted.

I am not fashionable.  Generally speaking, I can't afford the newest ranges as and when they are released, and that's if I can get them.  I only ever buy new ranges if I really fall in love, and even then I try to limit myself.  Besides, it can take me a while to think what I want to do with them.

I am unsure how I would describe myself.  I am pretty much anything goes when it comes to material, but I am more drawn to more intricate piecing or clever placement of colour.  So while I love 'fresh' material, I'm less sure of what to do with it.

I am a lover of gadgets.

I am a foreign magazines junkie.  I have subscriptions to several, and I love seeing the different styles all over the world.  I try to draw inspiration from all of them...

I am trying to design.  I rarely stick to a pattern, so now I'm trying to make some of my own.  As I said, I'm drawn to more intricate piecing, but I'm trying to design easier things to teach.

I am trying this for a second time.  I tried blogging before, but missed blogging things, and it just piled up without ever being published.  This is a new start.

No comments:

Post a Comment